On the surface, these two words may seem very similar, but I am sure that Pharaoh could tell you the difference. He took his respite for granted and when reality crushed him in the sea, his respite melted into his reprieve and it was done. I liken respite as to a soldier on R-n-R from the battle. While reprieve is putting off the inevitable punishment, like a prisoner on death row. Both are temporary periods of rest or relief with the one putting off impending doom (reprieve) while the other is temporary rest from the battle (respite). In my case this is a spiritual battle and like a good soldier I have come to understand that it is naive and dangerous for me to assume that the respite is indefinite. God grants the respite but He has no intention of leaving us there. The spiritual battle is part of the journey. It's part of this Life of Faith that we are to live...here and now.
Never take your respite for granted like Pharaoh did. God's gonna put us back in the fight (it's part of the trip). Never allow yourself to think even for a minute that Satan will not challenge your victories. As long as we are important to God then we are important to Satan. After having my best week (spiritually) I know there is a war going on outside my door and I trust that the One who has brought me this far is Faithful to carry me the rest of the way. All the way.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment